04.16.20 COVID-19 Update
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to develop with growing uncertainty and new challenges, we will continue to update you regularly to stay connected as a church family. To offer some clarity as we all make adjustments to our lives, we wanted to share our plans for what life at the Brazos Church will look like in the coming weeks. We believe these are the most loving and proactive steps we can take to care for our church family, our neighbors, and our broader community.
- We will not be having in-person Sunday gatherings until we are cleared by Cinemark Theaters to do so. In the meantime, our leadership is preparing for the re-opening of that gathering and will notify everyone of the specifics of the service.
- We will transition to online church services via livestream every Sunday at 10:00am on our website and on Facebook. (like us if you haven't done so already so you will be notified with any Facebook event)
- Our pastors will continue to work with our small group leaders to find the best solutions to help our small groups connect online and support one another, care for our kids and youth, and love our neighbors.
- Most of our small groups are continuing to meet online during this time for support, community, prayer, discussion, and connection. If you are looking for community during this crisis please reach out and connect with one of our small group leaders here.
- We know that pausing in-person Sunday services impacts the donations we receive and we want to thank you for your continued generosity during this difficult season as we care for people in new ways and help them meaningfully engage the good news of Jesus. To give, simply click here.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers as we navigate the changing circumstances in this current reality. Please continue to pray for our entire church family as we lean into our vision and continue to find new and innovative ways of introducing and connecting people to Jesus-centered life.
03.22.20 - How the Brazos Church Responds to COVID-19
In light of the rapidly developing situation around COVID-19, we realize that there is a lot of fear and uncertainty as we navigate the constantly changing stream of news and updates. This is a complicated time for our world and our communities. However, in all this we want to remain firmly grounded in the truth and fix our attention on Jesus. We do not make decisions out of fear but instead follow his example to love our neighbors and to care for those around us who may be more vulnerable.
While we are making these changes and taking precautionary measures, we are not shutting down our mission or compromising our purpose and vision.
This is an opportunity for our mission to take a different form. We want to use all the technical tools at our disposal to engage in online community building, supporting not only our church family but connecting with others who are isolated and aren’t able to engage in community.
We want to be a church that is always moving forward and reaching people in every context. We know that God will use what we have to continue building his kingdom as we seek to introduce people to the centered life.
We pray for God’s provision, leading, and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit during this situation. We pray for the health and safety of our church, our cities, our neighbors, and our world. And we continue to pray for Spirit-led boldness, selflessness, courage and creativity as we ask God to use us to serve and love people well.